Please read the policy carefully before using the Site. By using the Site, you confirm your acceptance of the policy. eWave reserves the right to modify this policy at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting on the Site.
In the course of its activities, eWave may collect “personal information”, as defined in Canada’s privacy laws. Such personal information may include, for example, names and addresses of individuals ordering consumer booklets, and personal information about individuals attending events organized and sponsored by eWave. Generally speaking, personal information does not include what is considered business contact information.
- Accountability: eWave is responsible for personal information in its possession or control, including personal information that eWave transfers to service providers to perform functions on eWave’s behalf.
- Identifying Purpose: Either before or at the time any personal information is collected, eWave identifies to the individual the purpose for collecting the personal information.
- Consent: The collection, use and disclosure of personal information is only done with the knowledge and consent of the individual, except in circumstances permitted or required by law. Every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the individual understands how their personal information will be used.
- Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information is limited to that which is necessary for eWave to accomplish the identified purposes.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: eWave only uses or discloses personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. eWave only retains personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill that purpose. eWave does not disclose an individual’s personal information to third parties, except if required in the course of fulfilling the purpose for which it was collected.
- Accuracy: Personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. An individual may ascertain the accuracy and completeness of the personal information held by eWave and have the information amended if it is not accurate or complete.
- Individual Access: Upon the written request of an individual, eWave will inform the individual of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information. An individual will be given reasonable access to their personal information and will be able to ascertain its accuracy and completeness except in certain circumstances, consistent with personal information statutes across Canada. Where access is not provided, eWave will explain why access was not provided.
- Compliance: Individuals having questions about how eWave handles personal information or wishing to inquire about compliance with the above principles may contact eWave as follows:
eWave Financial Services
20 De Boers Dr, Suite 305 | Toronto, ON M3J 0H1
T: 416-636-1741 | F: 416-636-1742